Did I Like that Movie?
The Skin I Live In is weird as hell
Saving the Butte
A strip mine is starting up in the middle of a small town
Best of Eugene 2011-2012: Miscellany
photo by todd cooper
Best Local Athlete
1. LaMichael James, UO football
2. Darron Thomas, UO football
3. Ashton Eaton, UO track
Best of Eugene 2011-2012: Eats
Best Bakery, Sweets
photos by todd cooper
1. Sweet Life
755 Monroe St. 683-5676. sweetlifedesserts.com
Share the Feast
Despite the gloom, or maybe because of it
Best of Eugene 2011-2012: Nightlife
Best Bar Food
1. Horsehead 99 W. Broadway. 683-3154.
2. Jackalope 453 Willamette St. 485-1519. jackalopelounge.com
3. Sam Bond’s Garage 407 Blair Blvd. 343-2635. www.sambonds.com
All exhibits free unless otherwise noted.
Best of Eugene 2010-2011: Civics
Best Local Activist
2. Peter DeFazio
3. Kitty Piercy
We salute Frog as an activist and, perhaps more appropriately, as an icon of free speech in Eugene.
Best Local Politician
The ethics of slavery continue today
By David Wagner
Best of Eugene 2011-2012: Spending
1. Smith Family 768 E. 13th Ave., 345-1651; 525 Willamette St., 343-4717.
2. Tsunami Books 2585 Willamette St. 345-8986.
3. J. Michaels 160 E. Broadway. 342-2002.
The Best of Eugene 2011-2012
You decide; we report. Eugeneans have voted once again for their favorite institutions and EW has your tally. Congrats to 2011’s best people, eats and places!
Time is Money
Parallels abound in Niccol’s new film
Use the links provided below for specific show times.
Recordando a los Muertos
That’s Life, Kid
Roger Ebert’s memoir tells story of the man, not the movies
The Cost of Inequality
Income gap has deadly serious implications
Head For The Hills, Richard Thompson, UO Gospel Choir, HoneyHoney