CarrotMob could make Eugene a greener place.
The local idea from the GreenLane Sustainable Business Network goes like this:
clipped from greenlane-sbn.org
- Businesses compete with how much good they are willing to do.
- Consumers choose one business they want to reward.
- Consumers support that business by making coordinated purchases.
- The most successful business gets rich.
- Consumers buy things that they would buy anyway, but by organizing themselves, they change the world.
The carrot, reverse eco-boycot idea appears to have had a big impact in San Francisco: