- This event has passed.
2nd Friday Art Walk
April 13 • 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm• Free
Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk|April Guided Tour
Join is for another fun and inspiring art walk on Friday, April 13th from 5-8 pm in downtown Springfield. The guided art walk will be hosted by Miriam Alexis Jordan and will begin at 5:30 at the Island Park Gallery located at the Willamalane Adult Activity Center, at 215 West C Street.
Art walkers can take a complimentary shuttle downtown to enjoy the rest of the art walk. The shuttle will run continuously until 7 pm Island Park Art Gallery, sponsored by Providence Health Plan.
- Willamalane Activity Center-215 W.C St.- Island Park Gallery to exhibit ‘Inner Visions: Paintings by Katie Schuessler.’ Katie Schuessler’s Inner Visions exhibit will be on display at the Island Park Gallery from April 4 to May 31. A free hors d’oeurves and wine opening reception to meet the artist will be held on Friday, April 13, from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Emerald Art Center-500 Main –Featuring work by member artist Bill Rutherford, Ink, Wire and Paint-2 dimensional works in ink, paint and contact vinyl. 3 dimensional works in copper wire. Upstairs, Jaqua Gallery features A-3 students, Marnie Pagter and Jem Cowan with a collaborative piece called,“Another Man’s Treasure”.
- Talking Rhythms– 500 Main St Suite C1-“Consciousness and Abstraction – Walking the in line between self and non-objective painting artist Leo Hall
- City Hall Gallery-225 A. St.- Paintings by Jane Castelan Buccola Music by Jack Radsliff Light refreshments provided.
- A3 Arts Academy and Academics-615 Main St-Silk paintings and some book sculptures.
- Cascade Center for Spiritual Living-741 Main St.- “Myrtle the Mermaid’s Amazing Bathroom Makeover!” Featured artist is Beverly Starr who specializes in a variety of Barbie art.
Other Participating Venues:
- S Bank-437 Main St.- Paintings by Dottie Chase.
- 331 Mosaic-331 Main St.- Featuring the work of more than a dozen artists, all local and handmade.
- Hearts for Hospice-444 Main St-The Hearts for Hospice shop is featuring Michelle Sheets The Greenhouse,creator of beautiful, whimsical pieces of “yard art” using concrete and repurposed wood. Her goal is to present pieces that please the eye and bring a smile to the face. Gary Manz will play his guitar and sing folks songs. Complimentary beverages( including wine) will be served along with yummy treats by Paco.
- Springfield Museum-590 Main St.- Exhibition about the 150 year history of Oregon Granges
- Tronson Gallery of Contemporary Art-740 Main St-the Tronson Gallery of Contemporary Art will be continuing the show for Jean Denis.