- This event has passed.
2nd Friday Art Walk
May 11 • 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm• Free
Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk|May Guided Tour
Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk will take place on Friday May 11, 2018 from 5-8 pm with the guided tour beginning at Emerald Art Center located at 500 Main Street at 5:30. Our special art walk guide will be Miriam Alexis Jordan. Discover a variety of artful venues, art and artists and enjoy Downtown Springfield. Tour maps will be available at Emerald Art Center and other downtown merchants.
1. Emerald Art Center-500 Main St. –Emerald Spring National Juried Show fills the gallery with paintings from across the U.S. Check out the winners and vote for your favorite.
2. City Hall Gallery-225 A. St.- Featured artist Jane Terzis and music by David Helfand
3. Springfield Museum-590 Main St.-Springfield School District presents 2018 Student Art Exhibition
4. Tronson Gallery of Contemporary Art-740 Main St-Tronson Gallery will feature new works by Jim Tronson.
5. Neu Real Estate-741 Main St-Works by featured artist Mike Carmickle.
6. Memento Ink-524 Main St.- Memento Ink will be showing mixed media sculpture by Joey Edwards and music by DJ Cheezus. Refreshments available
7. Hearts for Hospice-444 Main St-Featured Artist Michael T Williams will be offering Wilderness Photographs and Fly Tying Art (trout flys, steelhead flys, bass flys and earrings). He will demonstrate fly tying during the evening. Music by Grace Raphael will be singing and playing guitar for our listening pleasure. Complimentary beverages (including wine) will be served along with Paco’s famous cookies.
Other Participating Venues:
8. Cascade Center for Spiritual Living-741 Main St.-Dana Furguson’s wood carvings titled “Endangered Animals.”
9. A3 Arts Academy and Academics-615 Main St-Senior Art Exhibit at the Academy of Arts and Academics
10. U.S Bank-437 Main St.- Paintings by Dottie Chase (Closes at 6:00 pm)
11. 331 Mosaic-331 Main St. – Unicorns, Dragons and Hot air Balloons the Crochet Wizardry of Burma Storrs.