- This event has passed.
2nd Friday Art Walk December 14th
December 6, 2018 • 5:00 pm - December 14, 2018 • 8:00 pm• Free
Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk December Guided Tour
Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk will take place on Friday, December 14, from 5-8 pm with the guided tour beginning at Willamalane Adult Activity Center located at 215 W.C. St at 5:30. Our Guide will be Robert Killen of the Springfield Chamber of Commerce. Discover a variety of artful venues, art and artists and enjoy Downtown Springfield. Tour maps will be available at Emerald Art Center and other downtown merchants.
*Island Park Gallery is the first stop on the Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk. After enjoying the exhibit, visitors can take a complimentary shuttle downtown to enjoy the rest of the art walk. The shuttle will run continuously until 7 p.m.
1) Willamalane Adult Activity Center-215 W.C. St- Jimmy Matthews: Life in Color Still life, landscapes, and nature’s beauty shine through in this colorful collection in colored pencil.
2) City Hall Gallery-225 A. St. – Featuring work by three winners of Emerald Art Center’s Annual Member’s Art Show. Patti McNutt, Steve Seals, Jon Hiltbrand
3) Emerald Art Center-500 Main St.- “Form, Function and Design” Textile Art from member artists Ginny McVicker and Deborah Herbert, Fairy Tales International Quilt Show, a painting by Springfield Mayor’s Art Show Robert Killen. Also, featuring our Small Treasures Exhibition
4) A3 Academy of Arts and Academics-615 Main St. – Featuring a variety of student artwork.
5) Cascade Center for Spiritual Living-741 Main St– Cascade Center’s show is by KindTree-Autism Rocks which is a program for artists with autism. A number of artists and jewelry makers will be showing their creations.
Other Participating Venues:
6) 100 Mile Bakery- 418 A St-Featured Artist Will Paradis.
7) NW Cheesesteak-521 Main St-Featured Artist CharIie Munroe.
8) Memento Ink-525 Main St- Memento Ink will be featuring artist Barbara Counsil. Join us for refreshments and meet the artist.
9) Springfield Museum-590 Main St-“Unfurled”, exhibition, a collection of flags, banners, and pennants from the Museum’s permanent collection.
10) Antique Peddlers– 612 Main St.- Jewelry Artist Anita Olson of Neater Creations.
11) Dark and Stormy Food and Garden Lounge-420 Main St- five featured artists with a variety of mediums.
12) U.S. Bank-437 Main St.- Artwork by Shelley Albrich
13) Bartolotti’s NY style Pizza and Italian Bistro-330 Main St- Paintings by Patti McNutt
14) Wildish Theatre-630 Main St- Featured Artist Pauline Hauder
15) Mezza Luna Pizzeria-115 S 5th– Photographs by Milkayle Stole
16) Chow/ Moe’s Tavern– 471 S A St –Paintings by Steve Seals
Artwork by Jimmy Matthew’s Located at the Island Park Gallery, Willamalane Adult Activity Center