- This event has passed.
2nd Friday Art Walk October 12th
October 12 • 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm• Free
Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk October Guided Tour
Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk will take place on Friday, October 12, from 5-8 pm with the guided tour beginning at Willamalane Adult Activity Center located at 215 W.C. Street at 5:30. Our Guide will be Niel Laudati from the City of Springfield. He is the Community Relations Manager in the City Manager’s Office/Public Art. Discover a variety of artful venues, art and artists and enjoy Downtown Springfield. Tour maps will be available at Emerald Art Center and other downtown merchants.
*Island Park Gallery is the first stop on the Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk. After enjoying the exhibit, visitors can take a complimentary shuttle downtown to enjoy the rest of the art walk. The shuttle will run continuously until 7 p.m.
1. Willamalane Adult Activity Center-215 W.C. St- Island Park Art Gallery
Elizabeth Blue: Fairy Tales Artist, illustrator and art educator Elizabeth Blue shares her works through fairy tales and interpretations of the emotional and internal significance of the stories and images, through watercolor and ink. Exhibit: 10/4-11/30 Regular center hours Free Reception: 10/12 F 5-7pm Free
2. Emerald Art Center-500 Main St- The 26th Annual Springfield Mayor’s Art Show. October 6-November 2, 2018
3. City Hall Gallery-225 A. St. – The Apron artist, “Marissa Solini Exhibit: October 1-31, 2018 Gallery reception: Friday, October 12, 5-7 p.m. Join us for light refreshments and music by Donald Inglese.
4. Haven-349 Main St. – Haven will be hosting local jewelry artist Christy Curtis. Christy will be making Aluminum wrist bands with words of inspiration. Haven will have wine and appetizers.
5. Memento Ink-525 Main St- Illustrations by artist Lynette Slape and refreshments
Other Participating Venues:
6. Dark and Stormy Food and Garden Lounge-420 Main St-6 featured artists showcasing a variety of mediums and talent; Emily Blankenship, Sarah Kinser, Bill Deskin, Ellen Gabehart, Lena MacDonald, Demetra Kalams.
7.) 100 Mile Bakery- 418 A St. – The Art & Sound of Eden’s Lynx (medium: digital photo manipulation) by Dené Benton. Benton will also be giving a demonstration at Public House main hall balcony at 7pm.
8.) A3 Academy of Arts and Academics-615 Main St. – Showcasing student artwork
9.)The Artisan’s Quarter-240 Main St. – Donna Yutzy’s silver clay jewelry, plus Megan Johns’ music and ongoing (new) artwork by Alejandro Sarimento. Other jewelry by local crafters
10.) Stahman’s Guitars – 325 Main St. – Featured artist, Kelsey Buzzell
11.) Bartolotti’s NY style Pizza and Italian Bistro-330 Main St-Featured Artist Patti McNutt.
12.) Cascade Center for Spiritual Living-741 Main St. – “In the Presence of” Paintings by Norrine M. Powers.
13.) Tronson Gallery of Contemporary Art-740 Main St. – Educating Art: Lane Faculty. Complimentary refreshments served.
14.) Springfield Museum-590 Main St- Steve La Riccia. “The Imaginarium of Steamworks” by R & D Labs. On display September 14-October 27 2018
15.) Wildish Theatre-630 Main St- Artworks by Pauline Hauder
16.) Mezza Luna Pizzeria-115 S 5th- Photographs by Mikayle Stole
17.) Chow/ Moe’s Tavern- 471 S A St-Paintings by Steven Seals
18.) U.S Bank-437 Main St.-Artworks by Bill Rutherford.
19.) Simply Cycle-303 Main St. – Dave Wignet will be throwing clay.
20.)Antique Peddlers-612 Main St.-Small Collections Paintings by local Eugene artist Norma Driscoll on Display
21.) Jean Marie’s Fabrics-110 Main St-Book Signing by author Mary Crawford.