ArtsAlive: Live performance festival at the June ArtWalk
June 1 • 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm• Free
ArtsAlive is a free, live performance festival featuring dancers, musicians, and visual artists. This collaborative arts event engages the community with diverse performances and opportunities to learn and create together.
In its third year, ArtsAlive presents 1+1=1 on June 1st from 5-8pm in Kesey Square as a part of Lane Arts Council’s First Friday ArtWalk.
Highlights of ArtsAlive: 1+1=1 will include:
DanceAbility International – Dance performances choreographed by internationally renowned Alito Alessi, featuring professional dancers with and without disabilities.
- Oregon Brass Quintet – Brass faculty members from the UO School of Music and Dance
- Paul Safar – Nationally renowned composer, performer, and instructor
- Local tango/modern/contact/improvisational dancers
- Luis Rivera – performing arias in Spanish
- A community jam featuring local musicians and community dance
The community is invited to watch, sketch, paint, or draw the dancers and musicians. Chairs will be set up around the dance floor. For more information, visit http://lanearts.org/first-friday-events.
Presented in partnership with Lane Arts Council. Special thanks to sponsors City of Eugene Cultural Services and EUGfun!, Banner Bank, Guitar Center, DanceAbility International, Eugene Ballet, and QSL.