Auditions! Hello, Dolly! Saturday, Jan 5th at 1:30 at the VLT
January 5, 2019 • 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm• Free
Hello, Dolly! book by Michael Stewart, lyrics & music by Jerry Herman Directed by Gerald Walters 10 performance dates: Mar 29-31, Apr 4-7, 11-13, 2019
Hello, Dolly! is a musical that takes place at the turn of the century. It is the story of a widow who strives to bring romance to several couples and herself. It takes place in Yonkers and New York City.
Please bring audition song to sing, either acapella or with piano accompaniment. No karaoke or phone accompaniment. Electronic accompaniment is NOT available. Those with acrobatic and dance experience encouraged.
- Dolly Gallagher Levi: A widow in her middle years who has decided to begin her life again.
- Horace Vandergelder: The proprietor of a Hay & Feed store and a client of Dolly Gallagher Levi’s.
- Cornelius Hackl: Vandergelder’s chief clerk who yearns for one exciting day in NYC.
- Barnaby Tucker: An assistant to Cornelius at Vandergelder’s Hay & Feed store.
- Irene Molloy: A widow and a beautiful, smart, fun-loving milliner with a hat shop in New York.
- Minnie Fay: A young girl who works in Irene’s hat shop.
- Ambrose Kemper: A young and explosive struggling artist seeking to marry Ermengarde.
- Ermengarde: The young niece of Horace Vandergelder.
- Ernestina Money: An eccentric-looking girl in need of Dolly’s matchmaker services.
- Rudolf Reisenweber: Maître d’ of the Harmonia Gardens restaurant.
- Judge: A white-whiskered night court judge.
- Mrs. Rose: An old friend of Dolly’s.
- Townspeople, Performers, Wait staff, Chorus – flexible number of men and women needed
For additional information or any questions, please contact Gerald Walters via email: GeraldLee@firstname.lastname@example.org