Camp NaNoWriMo for Teens
July 5 • 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm• $139
Got what it takes to write a novel in a month? Join Wordcrafters Camp NaNoWriMo for a month of novel madness in July!
You’ll build a solid foundation for your novel with exercises and readings to help you explore characters and place, understand story structure and plot, and refine point of view and voice. We’ll also explore tips and tools for your writing life. Join your fellow novelists for Word Sprints, Writing Games, Mini-Lessons, and more, in a supportive and inspiring environment. We’ll have weekly readings, writing time, and group workshops and discussions. Check in on your novel progress and hang out with your tribe!
Bring your notebook or laptop. Expect to do several hours of work on your novel outside of class as well.
What it is:
Based on the November novel-writing challenge National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), Camp NaNoWriMo offers you a summer option to get your novel on! Choose a goal from 20,000 – 50,000 words (or more!) and then write like the wind for 31 days!
Use the NaNo YWP guides to create and guide your novel-writing through the month. All participants will get a guide.
When it is:
- Camp NaNoWriMo Kick-off Saturday, 30 June from 1-4 pm (optional)
- July Write-Ins: every Thursday in July from 6-9 pm (July 5, 12, 19, 26)
- Final Celebration: Thursday, 2 August from 6-9 pm
Where it is:
- Wordcrafters in Eugene: 2760, 438 Charnelton St #102, Eugene, OR 97401
Who it is:
- Led by Wordcrafters instructor Leah Velez
- Open to high schoolers (mature, driven middle school writers may be considered)