Hearing Voices and Extreme States Discussion/Support Group
June 7 • 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 1:00pm on day First of the month, repeating until November 30, 2018
An event every month that begins at 1:00pm on day Third of the month, repeating until November 30, 2018
This group is a safe, accepting, peer‐led place to share and explore experiences such as hearing voices, having visions, or having unusual ways of experiencing or making sense of the world.
We will discuss questions such as:
- What does it mean to have these experiences?
- Are they best thought of as illness, or as a reaction to trauma, or as spiritual, or as a possibly valuable part of mental diversity?
- What are the most helpful ways of coping with and of solving the problems they sometimes cause?
- Is it possible to transform one’s relationship to the experiences so that life can go on as well or better than before the experiences began?
- This group is open to everyone who hears voices, sees visions, experiences extreme states and/or has unusual beliefs, whether or not a person has a mental health diagnosis or takes medication. The group aims to be inclusive, non-judgmental, pro-treatment choice and pro-diversity.